Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Invitations Project

I am not a designer, but decided because I was not finding the invitation I wanted - I was going to do my own invitations. Yikes...again I am not a designer. But I felt like - I could do this. If I was going to do something it was definitely going to be more of the "envelopment" invitation. I love them because to me they seem like a cool neat packet for your guests and they can keep all of the information in one place. I thought this would be key considering most of our guests will be coming from out of town. So I found the above invitation as inspiration and then headed to Paper Source. After a couple test runs, I ended up going to a friend and asking for some help in the design of it - I know my limits! So here is the first test run.
We will be using diagonal folders - I actually hedged on using this folder, but actually now like how it is coming together. I need to go back and get the paper we will be using because this was just printed on what we had at the time.

Here is the front of the RSVP card with a logo I had created from this lovely designer . I went with the postcard, thinking this would save a little bit of money...

And the back of the RSVP card...

And the directions...

We still need to work on a couple things, like what is going to be on the front of the folder but I think it is coming together.

9 comments:

A Windy City Wedding said...

I love these folder things! They have really neat circle seals at Paper Source too that would look really awesome on the front with your same logo. They are so easy to print, you just use the avery template listed on the front. Are you doing square chocolate envelopes too? I love the look of square envelopes but I am too cheap to shell out for the extra postage. Really pretty, good job!

Tara Vorhes said...

They are looking great! It must be a relief to see them starting to come together!

tina said...

Great job! How about doing the etsy logo with just your names centered or the date centered in 00.00.08 format? If you get the cards printed professionally, you could lay the logos out on the sides to save paper and have them cut down down into squares. Paper Source has circle stickers, but I have had crappy luck aligning them. They first row prints fine, but the second row is never centered.

Anonymous said...

cool! those are really great looking.

jessica lynn said...

lookin' good!

natalie said...

I think these look great! I second the PS circle labels, which you could use to secure a similar band around the whole folder. I haven't had a problem printing them- but maybe I have just gotten lucky!

It's A Jaime Thing said...

That's awesome, not only the invitations (which I LOVE by the way) but the fact you're making them yourself...wow, I give you credit! A few months back I made shower invites with several pieces, and lots of glue...and ribbon...and my did I wish I could have had some help! lol If you can get people to help you assemble them, that rocks. Good luck!!!

-Jaime @ "It's A Jaime Thing"
www.justjaime28.wordpress.com

Chitown Wife said...

Thank you, thank you! You guys are too sweet!

Anonymous said...

bravo this is really impressive. we did our own too and the hardest part was definitely lining up margins for printing. i agree with the first comment - its sort of crappy to have to pay the extra postage just because the card is square...however i did :)
i used the same chocolate brown.
very cool project!