Friday, May 2, 2008

To Do List

Ok, so projects are getting done and I am seeing some light. I actually took off work today to just get things in order wedding wise, because next week I will be so busy with work.

We struggled to get the last of our 3o RSVPs in but now we are set to do the table assignments. I actually dreaded it, but it really has not been that bad. I actually got it done last night. Can you believe it? I had so many folks tell me that they hated doing these, but this was pretty easy...or was it too easy?

So here is a question for you guys, I am ready to do the escort cards. After googling and research, I can't seem to find the best answer. Do you do formal names - Mr. and Mrs. John Smith or John and Erica Smith?

Oh - and if folks saw this post on our photographer's site. Yup, that was him talking about our scouting trip. Our venue has live animals, 10 peacocks to be exact. I actually became quite alarmed but was told by our coordinator that they really don't bother the wedding guests. How I missed this on our first tour through Meyer's, but I did! Of course, Jeremy thinks we will get some great photos out of this!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i work with the board of trustees at one of chicago's major museums, and we ditched the "mrs. john doe" in favor of "jane doe." not that this institution is stiving to set the curve for etiquette, but there seem to be many ladies who like to be addressed as who they are, not who they come with. good luck!

Caroline said...

I prefer the "jane doe" myself. But you really can't go wrong either way:)

It's A Jaime Thing said...

I believe we did "Jane Doe" for ours. Great job getting so much stuff done! Love the birds...what a cool feature to be surprised with!

__ said...

i. am. so. jealous.

i would totally rent that beautiful white peacock ... how is it that i never knew all-white peacocks existed?!? lol ... i can't wait to see the pix you get out of this ...

think of it as a land swan -- even if they do interrupt the wedding, they look like they belong!