Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Peacocks

A couple weeks ago, I came across an article where I guess the topic was excessive spending on weddings. Someone wrote in the comment section about a wedding she saw where the bride actually had white peacocks brought in for her wedding. I nearly choked on my breakfast because I thought - What? Nah, they can't be talking about me, could they?

So just to clarify - I did not pay for the peacocks. They actually live at my venue - Meyer's Castle.

Because the peacocks became our honorary bridesmaids, I decided they deserved their own board. They followed us around the whole afternoon while we got our photos and then interrupted the ceremony. My maid of honor has a fear of birds and she later said - I must really like you, because I seriously was so freaked out but definitely could not scream or make a scene. Even when one of the peacocks decided to camp out right behind our pastor throughout the ceremony.

Interesting enough, the oh-so-fabulous Tina had sent me this link several weeks before my wedding. It was too late for me, but we talked via email about how cool would that have been to have the peacocks on our menu cards and escort cards! Now I think how crazy would that have been if I had decided to do the peacocks considering they became such a part of our big day.

No comments: